JSAMP is a Java toolkit for use with the
Simple Applications Messaging Protocol.
It provides the following components:
- A SAMP hub implementation, suitable for standalone or embedded use
- A set of classes which can be used to implement SAMP capabilities in
- A hub test suite, which can test correctness of third-party hub
- Utilities which can be used by client and hub developers, or SAMP users,
to analyse or debug SAMP sessions
- Graphical components built on top of the basic functionality suitable
for use with the above
For a given purpose, some or all of these components may be used at one time.
The toolkit's design aims are, in rough order of priority:
- Correctness according to the SAMP standard
- Ease of use for client application authors
- Ease of deployment within third-party applications (few dependencies)
- Flexibility, including the possibility to use with non-Standard
- Good documentation
- Small size
The current version targets the SAMP
1.0 Working Draft document
(25 June 2008).
JSAMP is currently developed by
AstroGrid in the
astronomy group at
Please contact me with queries, bug reports, suggestions etc.